Faster 'Net growth rate raises fears about routers

Steve Sobol sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net
Tue Apr 3 19:16:52 UTC 2001

Steve Sobol wrote:

> Daniel Senie wrote:
>
> > 4. Set up a modem on a NAT box and call it your Internet connectivity
> > for 6 to 8 weeks after your upstream ISP goes away. Run and hide so that
> > you don't have to hear the screams from employees and management.
>
> 5. Get set up with T-1's from providers that will do multihoming. My new office
> will have a T-1 from my ex-employer and a T-1 from Intermedia and we'll
> run BGP. I'm doing so specifically for redundancy, not because I need to
> run BGP due to a large address space (it'll be a few /24's).

mental note: don't jump into a thread without having read all of the messages
in the thread first. ignore this, folks - sorry.

--
Steven J. Sobol/CTO/JustThe.net LLC | sjsobol at NorthShoreTechnologies.net
SAY IT LOUD: I'M GEEK AND I'M PROUD! | 888.480.4NET (4638) 216.619.2NET (2638)