[ga] Verisign Agreement Adopted (fwd)

Roeland Meyer rmeyer at mhsc.com
Tue Apr 3 07:57:45 UTC 2001

Nothing of the sort. It simply means that the NSI registrar can continue
as-is. The prior agreement would have forced NSI to divest of either the
registrar or the registry. Now, they get to keep both but have to divest
themselves of ORG and NET registries. BTW, their are legitimate COM/NET/ORG
registrars. They are legitimate re-sellers. If you are speaking towards the
independent inclusive TLD registries, that remains status quo, as well.

What this will mean is that someone has to deploy ORG and NET registries.
How much you wanna bet that ICANN contracts NSI to do so?