Faster 'Net growth rate raises fears about routers

Bill Woodcock woody at zocalo.net
Mon Apr 2 22:37:22 UTC 2001

    > So, please explain to me how not being multi-homed is anything other than a
    > bad-thing and high-risk? No, I am not including colo, because it is assumed
    > that you know what their arrangements are before you "buy". Reputable colos
    > are multi-homed, in spades.

You say "responsible cab drivers must have not one, but two taxicabs, in
order to provide service in the event of a failure.  Therefore, I bought
one from Fisher-Price, and one from Hot Wheels, and I'm astounded to find
that neither provides me with the luxury which I expected."  I think
Patrik may have been suggesting that if you had a Checker, you might not
need to worry quite so much about redundancy.

                                -Bill