California PUC blocks Northpoint shutdown

Alan Hannan alan at routingloop.com
Sun Apr 1 07:42:34 UTC 2001

  This is California.  First we ordered our power company to
  lose money until it goes out of business so we could nationalize
  its assets.

  Why shouldn't we be able to do the same to telecommunications
  companies?

  Okay, so Mr. Davis didn't force NPNT to run at a loss, but
  he should be able to save the citizens' DSL just like
  he's saving our power.

  (implied sarcasm througout)

  Pay for it?  We're californians.  We don't need to pay for it.
  We'll just raise state tax to 15% to tax our silicon valley
  employees.  That'll allow us to keep failing business operating.

  -a

Thus spake Majdi S. Abbas (msa at samurai.sfo.dead-dog.com)
 on or about Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 07:11:35PM -0800: