Customers down?

Bill Becker bbecker at iconn.net
Sat Jan 1 04:34:27 UTC 2000

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, Alex Rubenstein wrote:

> Since 8am, we've seen a rising amount of customers going down.
>
> It's been attributed to them turninf off thier equipment.

You're surprised?  Those purveyors-of-ignorance known as the US news
media, have been selling y2k-doom ever since Monica Lewinsky quit smoking
cigars.

If they can do something like move the millenium aniversary up by one
year, then surely they can convince people to shut off their routers for
no reason.

20% of our customer frame circuits are down, and about 30% of our
dedicated-dialup customers.  Mail bound for these sheep is now accumulating
in large quantites at their backup MXs (our smtp boxes).

Bill