I need someone clueful at Network Solutions

Ehud Gavron GAVRON at ACES.COM
Fri Oct 29 14:34:55 UTC 1999

Operational help needed.  Must register DNS server.  Money available.
Help?

Details below.  Note that the more you read the stupider you will get.

Ehud

Facts:  I own WETWORK.NET, registered with the register.com registrar.
        I own LETOH.COM, registered with network solutions registrar.

20-oct		I register a domain LETOH.COM with network solutions,
		and attempt to use the nameserver "server.wetwork.net"
		which is under my register.com domain wetwork.net.
		Network solutions says to [NIC-991020.1545c]:
		ERROR: Name Server <SERVER.WETWORK.NET>is not registered
		with InterNIC.

20-oct		I send in a host template [NIC-991020.15848] but NetSol
		says:
		The <WETWORK.NET> domain is non-existent.

		First register this host through the host registration
		process or choose a different name-server.

		AT THE SAME TIME I get another mail message from them:
		All Host Forms must be submitted from the e-mail address
		of the current host contact...we have sent a notification
		message ...  which they did not send anywhere I can tell.

22-oct		I sent mail to help at internic.net and asked them to fix this.

26-oct		Netsol says:
		The problem with your HOST registration was that you were
		trying to register a host but the TOP-Level part of the host
		is not a registered domain, i.e.WETWORK.NET.

26-oct		I wrote netsol and said:
	        Wetwork.net exists.. just not with your registry.

	        However, I wish to use mail.wetwork.net as a DNS server
	        with your registry future domains.  Please register the host asap.

27-oct		Help at internic.net says to send in a host template and
		includes one in the message...

27-oct		I submit the host template [NIC-991027.75ef].  I also
		follow it up to help@ with:
	        991027.75ef duplicates 991020.15848 as per your request.

27-oct		Once again I get the 'All host forms must be submitted
		from the email address of the current host contact...'

27-oct		I forward the mess back to help at internic [NIC-991027.14981]
		I forward a copy to kimh@ with header
		Subject: 1. I submit host form. 2 you reject it.
		3 I ask for help. 4 help says submit host templte. I DO.
		Here's the rejection again.  Please fix

27-oct		help@ responds with:

		Thank you for contacting Network Solutions.

		To register a domain name in the COM, NET, ORG, and EDU
		top-level domains, you should:

		1.  Make arrangements for Internet service. A company that
		can connect you to the Internet

Ehud Gavron
ACES Research, Inc., an RMI.NET company