Major asia pacific public exchange points

bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com
Wed Oct 27 03:21:35 UTC 1999

>  :| I think there's also one in Seoul called KIX as well, but I'm not entirely
>  :| sure.
>
> Yes, KIX is in Seoul but I think it is domestic IX.  In
> Japan as well there is no IXes which can be called
> international one.

	As I understand, KIX is mostly domestic Korea.
	Japan has NSPIX3 and JPIX.  There is enough
	international capacity to house a root server
	there. :)

	And based on what I have been told, both HKIX and
	STIX can be called international.  There is a
	common error in assuming international = US domestic.

	This is false.

	Both STIX & HKIX have interconnections to ISPs in
	many other nations but not quite the connectivity back
	to the US.