Major asia pacific public exchange points

MAEMURA Akinori maem at mesh.ad.jp
Wed Oct 27 01:25:33 UTC 1999

 :""William F. Maton" <wmaton at ryouko.dgim.crc.ca>" wrote
 : at Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:46:11 -0400 (EDT) .....
 :
 :|
 :| On Tue, 26 Oct 1999 bmanning at vacation.karoshi.com wrote:
 :|
 :| > > What are the, or are there any, major international public exchange
 :| > > points in the Asia-Pacific region?  I know about the wwww.ep.net web
 :| > > page listing lots of exchange points.  For example, an exchange
 :| > > point with at least two multi-regional/multi-continent ISPs.  Europe
 :| > > has the LINX, AMS-IX, dGIX, etc.
 :| >
 :| > 	Not that I'd know, but I'd put a reasonable wager on HKIX
 :| > 	and STIX for now.
 :|
 :| I think there's also one in Seoul called KIX as well, but I'm not entirely
 :| sure.

Yes, KIX is in Seoul but I think it is domestic IX.  In
Japan as well there is no IXes which can be called
international one.

I'm not sure HKIX and/or STIX is int'l one, at least I don't
know a Japanese ISP which is connected to them.

Whet is the Int'l IX for AP region?  I think the answer for
it is still MAEs, NAPs,,, IXes in US, at least for Japan.

-----
MAEMURA Akinori
	Network Engineer,
	C&C Internet Service  mesh,  NEC Corporation, JAPAN
	maem at mesh.ad.jp,  maemura at mms.mt.nec.co.jp