virtual domain limit?

mnolan at southshore.com mnolan at southshore.com
Wed Oct 20 13:03:26 UTC 1999

Hi,

Our web server is running Red Hat 5.2 (Linux).

We were recently told that we have exceeded the limit number of domains
on our system.  We haven't been able to contact our tech support person
since then to get a clarification.  We recently added four domains, and
our web pages promptly went down.  He said that we had 167 domains and
the limit was set to 165.  Actually we only have 78 domains.  This is
really confusing.  I do know that we are running all our domains off one
IP using the NameVirtualHost directive in httpd.conf

Does anyone know anything about a limit of domains setting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike