TACACS or Radius daemon on Linux

Derrick Daugherty freix at shadowcast.harte-hanks.com
Tue Oct 19 22:34:39 UTC 1999

We use slackware and livingston's radiusd (www.livingston.com) against a
Cisco 3604 and Ascend Max. A search
on fresmeat returned a few that look pretty interesting: radiusd-sql and
perlradius.

I've heard of "sectord" and it's supposed to be a lot more configurable
but i have never been able to find it.  Anyone have a url or any info on
"sectord" ?

thanks,
-d

==============              =---------=               ==============
     Never put the words "diabolical master plan" on a resume

Harte Hanks UNIX Services                    derrick at harte-hanks.com
& Infrastructure                             512.434.5999

---Reply to mail from mnolan at southshore.com about TACACS or Radius daemon on Linux

> Hi,
>
> We are an ISP running several Cisco 2500s, 5200s, and 5300s as access
> servers.  Currently we are entering each user into each box.
>
> We are looking to set up a Red Hat Linux machine as either a TACACS or
> Radius server to centrally validate all our users.
>
> Does anyone have any experience running a TACACS or Radius daemon
> on Linux?  Where is a good place to find a Linux TACACS or Radius
> daemon?
>
> I heard that although TACACS is a Cisco product, Radius has more
> accounting and statistics capability, runs well on Linux, and will
> validate for Ciscos.
>
> Any help would appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike