TACACS or Radius daemon on Linux

mnolan at southshore.com mnolan at southshore.com
Tue Oct 19 15:49:59 UTC 1999

Hi,

We are an ISP running several Cisco 2500s, 5200s, and 5300s as access
servers.  Currently we are entering each user into each box.

We are looking to set up a Red Hat Linux machine as either a TACACS or
Radius server to centrally validate all our users.

Does anyone have any experience running a TACACS or Radius daemon
on Linux?  Where is a good place to find a Linux TACACS or Radius
daemon?

I heard that although TACACS is a Cisco product, Radius has more
accounting and statistics capability, runs well on Linux, and will
validate for Ciscos.

Any help would appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike