Filtering.. [Re: your mail]

Alex P. Rudnev alex at virgin.relcom.eu.net
Sat Oct 16 15:22:56 UTC 1999

Ok, ok. A short list:

 (Country)-Provider Filter-Type Filter-Source
  (USA) UUNET	    prefix	manual
  (USA) MCI	    prefix      RA+RIPE+MCI DB
  (USA) Sprint ??
  (EU)  EUnet	    AS	        manual (old info)
  (EU)  TELIA       AS		manual
  (RU)  RELCOM	    prefix(+AS) RIPE+internal DB
  (RU)  Sprint ??
  (RU)  Rostelecom  prefix+AS   RIPE
  (RU)  DEMOS       AS	        RIPE

may be, someone can fill in such list with more up-to-date info?
Additional fields should be

- if local communities can be used for the LOCAL_PREF control
- which routes are preffered (customers, peering, upstream if any)

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Jesper Skriver wrote:

> Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 16:49:20 +0200
> From: Jesper Skriver <jesper at skriver.dk>
> To: James Smith <jsmith at dxstorm.com>
> Cc: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: Re: your mail
>

> On Sat, Oct 16, 1999 at 10:43:25AM -0400, James Smith wrote:
> >
> > I know a lot of networks do BGP filter.  Is there any way to make sure
> > that a particular AS doesn't get filtered, such as listing with RADB or
> > ARIN's routing registry?  I'm not sure how many networks actually use
> > these registries for their router configuration, so I don't know whether
> > it would be worth while to register or not.
>
> Quite a few providers require you to filter, normally we only peer with
> networks who register their routes in RIPE or RADB databases.
>
> /Jesper
>
> --
> Jesper Skriver (JS4261-RIPE), Network manager
> Tele Danmark DataNet, IP section (AS3292)
>
> One Unix to rule them all, One Resolver to find them,
> One IP to bring them all and in the zone to bind them.

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 230-41-41, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)