IP-Internets

Alan Hannan alan at globalcenter.net
Thu Oct 14 23:27:06 UTC 1999

  3 bits of clarification:

>   Some stick MPLS in the middle ala IP/MPLS/HDLC or IP/MPLS/SONET.

  This was dumb.  I meant, ala IP/MPLS/HDLC or IP/MPLS/PPP.

  A couple of folks mailed me to state that MPLS as a transport
  technology was in the future, isn't it?  In fact, 2 networks
  including our own have deployed large [mostly ubiquitous]
  MPLS deployments, where most traffic runs on it, one all over,
  another in certain regions/areas.

  Finally, I was 'reminded' that MPLS convergence will actually
  surpass SONET w/ restoral times, on the order of << 50 ms.  Really
  real soon now.

  -alan