how to waste fiber (was:OT:MarketSpeak)

Steve Meuse smeuse at bbnplanet.com
Wed Oct 13 21:33:13 UTC 1999

At 01:34 PM 10/13/1999 -0600, Danny McPherson wrote:

>Of course, more interesting than presumably transparent trunk failures in
>relation to SONET protection, are trib failures with inter-router APS on the
>trib side.  This requires a bit more attention to detail (speaking from
>experience).
>

>-danny

not exactly related...

The approach that I am taking for critical links (Trans-Atlantic) is to not
trust that the vendors are getting it right the first time. We are actually
testing protection switching end-to-end, at every LTE. Yes, this is long
and painful, but is the only way that I feel even remotely safe.