MCI WorldCom fiber cut in White Plains, NY

Peter Galbavy Peter.Galbavy at knowledge.com
Tue Oct 12 10:35:57 UTC 1999

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 04:20:59PM -0600, Danny McPherson wrote:
> I do agree that grooming or lack of correct provisioning needs to be
> addressed, contractually, with clearly defined significant penalties
> associated with failure to meet the obligation.  Once this occurs, I believe
> folks will begin to give more attention to such things that seem negligible in
> comparison to the commission they're about to receive.

While agreeing with this sentiment, I strongly suspect that like
alsmost any other industry, the sales people get commision based on
revenue from a sale and not long term performance. When you
(potentially naive) boss or client wants the circuit in yesterday and
the sales person throws them the "lifeline" of "well, if we use our
standard contract, we can renegotiate after installation" then you can
be pretty sure that you are lost. Dilbert is alive and well.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy
Knowledge Matters Ltd