Regarding global BGP community values

Alex P. Rudnev alex at Relcom.EU.net
Fri Oct 8 13:33:59 UTC 1999

> > Here is a sketch of the new well-known communities I have come
> > up with:
> >
> > 0xFFFn:arg
>
> You should attempt to implement it; I suspect that its not going
> to be easy.
>
> If you want this to go forward, I suggest that you draft configs
> for a number of router types (cisco, juniper, gated).
>
> I also suggest that you draft configs for everyone else to do if
> they just want to let these new communities through without acting
> on them.  Remember that communities are dropped by default - unless
> you configure your routers to let them through.
More and more ISP allow communities through; and anyway the idead to allow
the couter treat some part of community as an _arg_ is a very interesting
(at least for the future implementations and/or protocols).

> 	--asp at partan.com (Andrew Partan)

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 230-41-41, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)