MCI WorldCom fiber cut - Syracuse, NY

Derek J. Balling dredd at megacity.org
Wed Oct 6 17:52:29 UTC 1999

At 01:23 PM 10/6/99 -0400, Adam D . McKenna wrote:

>On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 10:55:34PM -0400, Charles Sprickman wrote:
> > I say put the cable in the titanium tube another poster spoke of earlier,
> > and pressurize the tube with something highly flammable/combustible while
> > you're at it.  Maybe natural gas to power backup generators at each of the
> > fiber landing points.
>
>You're right, I think putting people's lives in danger so that my downloads
>don't get interrupted is definitely the way to go.

(a) It's only in danger if they're careless, and
(b) It's Darwinism. You're just helping along natural selection.

Not to mention

(c) Porn makes the net go round. If people can't get their porn, they don't
need net access. If they don't need net access, we're all out of jobs. If
we're jobless, we're homeless and without food and we starve. Now if it
comes down to some idiot in a backhoe dying quickly in a blinding explosion
or ME dying slowly of starvation, I vote for the dude in the backhoe.

;-)