Real Media and M-Bone feeds

Vijay Gill wrath at cs.umbc.edu
Wed Oct 6 08:47:22 UTC 1999

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Vadim Antonov wrote:

> ...and on '67 vintage theoretical work by Kleinrock and Klein who showed
> that routing can be done in scalable manner.  Aggregation is nothing new.

Kleinrock and Kamoun.

Most of the basis for the above are available in:

Kleinrock, L. and F. Kamoun, "Hierarchical Routing for Large Networks,
Performance Evaluation and Optimization", Computer Networks, Vol. 1, No.
3, pp.  155-174, January 1977
(A copy of this paper that Dr. Kleinrock was kind enough to autograph for
me is one of my more prized possessions)

And another other classic:

Kamoun, F. and L. Kleinrock, "Stochastic Performance Evaluation of
Hierarchical Routing for Large Networks", Computer Networks, Vol. 3, pp.
337-353, November 1979.

/vijay