DISREGUARD: (was Re: NetSol whois/root-servers fubar again?)

Russell Van Tassell russell at cscorp.com
Tue Oct 5 15:59:47 UTC 1999

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 03:04:34AM -0500, Phil Howard wrote:

> Russell Van Tassell wrote:
>
> > Ok, are the "Not-work Solutions" (sic) whois and/or root servers
> > fubar'd again?  This came up as a result of a couple of my mail servers
> > denying a relay that passed through our upstream's relays without
> > issue... (a funny sidebar to it, of course, is that the messages were
> > spam though apparently should not have failed sendmail's domain check)
> >
> > (This from activities happening earlier today (10/04/1999) and yesterday)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Russell
>

> Isn't it a bit odd you get .NET when you query for .COM ?
>
> However, that doesn't seem to happen to me:
>
>    [...]
>
> So I suspect your whois is broken.

Doh!

My apologies for the fat-fingering / gibberish... looks like this
year's flu has really knocked me for a loop or whatever... (though
now this is reduced to why I was getting lame server delegation
warnings (for this zone) during this same incident -- though that's
hardly something for NANOG, itself).

Thanks for the "kick in the head," Phil...

Regards,
Russell

--
Russell M. Van Tassell