Global BGP community values?

Alex Bligh amb at gxn.net
Tue Oct 5 12:32:47 UTC 1999

Randy,

randy at psg.com said:
> i have a business relationship with my direct neighbors under which
> we can negotiate traffic patterns.  i do not have a business
> relationship with a 'distant' network.

As usual you explicated my point better than I could. Just as you
need reasonably powerful tools to filter route announcements, you
need *at least* a binary setting to determine whether or not
to propagate and/or act on these additional attributes, and preferably
better tools to modify them too. While community handling is there,
the tools to make it useful are not. Thus removing any of the
"well it's here now" advantages.

--
Alex Bligh
GX Networks (formerly Xara Networks)