Bell Atlantic FCC outage report available now

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Sun Nov 28 22:46:31 UTC 1999

On November 24, 1999 at 19:39 wb8foz at nrk.com (David Lesher) wrote:

 > Unnamed Administration sources reported that Barry Shein said:
 >
 > > So today the BA person on the ticket tries to reassure me by saying
 > > how THEY TOLD HIM TO JUST TELL US IT'S OUR EQUIPMENT AND CLOSE THIS
 > > TICKET!
 >
 > BS got caught doing this in Florida. There, the PSC gets a tally of
 > how many tickets are open >24H, and BS must pay a refund to the sub.
 >
 > Turns out BS had a widespread unwritten policy of ticket-kicking
 > at 23H 59M....went on for years...

The usual trick is to call you and tell you to start using some new
ticket number, of course most people just say thank you and note the
new ticket number.

What really happened was they just closed it before the magic 24 hour
mark and opened a new one.

I'm amazed they get away with such simple stuff.

I'm amazed this lousy ISDN ticket has been open since 11/16 (the
status now is "hold until customer contacted"), both that it hasn't
just been fixed AND they haven't used some trick, yet, to just close
it.

--
        -Barry Shein

Software Tool & Die    | bzs at world.std.com          | http://www.world.com
The World              | Public Access Internet     | Since 1989     *oo*