Bell Atlantic FCC outage report available now

Peter Galbavy Peter.Galbavy at knowledge.com
Thu Nov 25 11:22:04 UTC 1999

On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 07:39:45PM -0500, David Lesher wrote:
> BS got caught doing this in Florida. There, the PSC gets a tally of
> how many tickets are open >24H, and BS must pay a refund to the sub.
>
> Turns out BS had a widespread unwritten policy of ticket-kicking
> at 23H 59M....went on for years...

In the UK (OK I know this isn't North America... yet) BT love FNF
- "Fault Not Found".  It is the stuff of urban legend how many POTS
and ISDN lines (both BRI and PRI) come back to life after a call to
the faults line and when queried for the final problem report the
ticket was closed with FNF.

The regulator in the UK has no inclination and no teeth, so please
consider the FCC and the other bodies in the US to be very customer
focused in comparison. Lucky people.

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy