Bell Atlantic FCC outage report available now

Alex Rubenstein alex at nac.net
Wed Nov 24 21:35:16 UTC 1999

Does anyone find it even remotely interesting that Bell Atl had an outage,
performing a similar upgrade to a similar piece of equipment (Alcatel
IMTN), only three days earlier in Philadelphia?

http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineering_Technology/Filings/Network_Outage/1999/reports/99-208.pdf

For once, I wish someone in the press would pick up how much the telco's
suck, and try to hide significant events like this; especially this north
jersey one where they said only three counties were affected! Bah! The
entire LATA was affected!