ARIN whois

jlewis at lewis.org jlewis at lewis.org
Wed Nov 24 02:23:10 UTC 1999

On Sun, 21 Nov 1999, Forrest W. Christian wrote:

> In transition to a new mail server (with a new address), I installed a
> plug-gateway on the old server to redirect mail.
>
> Unfortunately, plugd hides the ip address of the sender, and since I trust
> my netblocks, all of the ip addresses on the old server became "spam relay
> entry points".
>
> It took the spammers 96 hours to find 3 of the addresses on that box and

I've done similar things with netcat from inetd, which makes it easy to
run through tcpd.

 Jon Lewis *jlewis at lewis.org*|  Spammers will be winnuked or
 System Administrator        |  nestea'd...whatever it takes
 Atlantic Net                |  to get the job done.
_________http://www.lewis.org/~jlewis/pgp for PGP public key__________