customer mail relay

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Tue Nov 23 15:56:23 UTC 1999

> They are denying legitimate service, to legitimate users, whilst
> attacking a legitimate business, because they don't want to
> understand anything outside of their little parochial world. Some
> call that ignorance.

Uh, huh.

> The real answer is putting an authentication layer into SMTP.

No kidding.  I don't know what life is like on the planets where .FTN
et al exist, but here on this planet, SMTP AUTH exists, and is
available in most mail clients and MTAs.  The the only major MTA that
doesn't support it is sendmail (surprise) but it'll be there in 8.10.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 727, Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869
johnl at iecc.com, Village Trustee and Sewer Commissioner, http://iecc.com/johnl,