ARIN whois

Kai Schlichting kai at pac-rim.net
Mon Nov 22 04:18:02 UTC 1999

At 09:16 PM 11/21/99 -0500, Dean Anderson wrote:

>Can someone send me a list of *all* AOL netblocks?  ARIN's whois only gives back a handful.
>
>I want to block _all_ AOL netblocks, but its tough to find out what they are.
>
>Thanks to a few malicious, radical antispammers (Chris Neill, Alan Brown, etc) we are getting hit with a large number of criminal mail relays. Mostly coming from AOL addresses. We have about a half dozen individual criminal complaints underway.

Don't kid us, Dan. Close your fucking relays (not that any of them talk to
my hosts anyhow). If this has to be drummed into your bonehead again: THEY
WILL FIND YOUR RELAYS ON THEIR OWN, AND THEY WILL ABUSE THEM, NO MATTER
HOW LOUD YOU SCREAM. THEY SIT IN CHINA, PAKISTAN AND KOREA, AND THERE IS
NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT THEM SHORT OF CALLING THE WHITEHOUSE AND GETTING
THESE PLACES INVADED. Alternatively, you could come to your senses and
shut the literal front door of your house now that you've finally noticed
the first unsavory characters passing by. A couple years after the rest
of us, no doubt.

And they won't need ORBS or any other service to locate you, either.
Stop complaining. No more secrets (now that's from Scott Yelich's tagline).

bye,Kai

--
kai at conti.nu             "Just say No" to Spam            Kai Schlichting
Palo Alto, New York, You name it             Sophisticated Technical Peon