stability of IOS 12.0(5)T1

Hyunseog Ryu/Brookfield/Norlight HRyu at norlight.com
Thu Nov 18 16:41:39 UTC 1999

Yes, I know, Paul.
But last time when we tried to upgrade to 12.0(7)S,
there was some strange thing happened.
If you read the previous email that I sent, you can understand the
situation.
For your convenience, the situation was as follow.
We runned IOS 11.2(12a)P on our Cisco 7507.
For compatability of new hardware, we tried to upgrade IOS to 12.0(7)S.
When we upgraded to 12.0(7)S, there was some abnormal thing happened.
Each traffic from the other interface didn't go through another interface.
Router doesn't work as router. ;<
We tried something, but it didn't work.
So we went back to previous IOS version.
Basically we put both version to flash PCMCIA card memory.
Because of that, it didn't take long time.

After that, I got some responses from you guys.
It was that IOS 12.0 or 11.0.(?)CC has some unstable fact related to
"ip cef" or Routing cache management.

Hyun

"Paul G. Donner" <pdonner at cisco.com> on 11/18/99 10:03:33 AM