Is anyone actually USING IP QoS?

Vadim Antonov avg at kotovnik.com
Wed May 19 19:08:45 UTC 1999

Clark Gaylord <cgaylord at cns.vt.edu> wrote:

> I doubt that evan Vadim is ignorant enough to be saying ATM never
> worked ... not the usual statement one would make of the default
> campus core technology.

The last time i checked the default campus core technology was
Ethernet.

Anyway, there's a saying at NASA (thanks, Milo :) that given
enough thrust even pigs can fly.

What i said is not that ATM cannot be made to work in some limited
environments, but rather that it is going to the junkyard of
overhyped technologies which tured out to be more expensive and
less reliable than simpler and dumber rivals.

--vadim