Routing loop between Qwest and Sprint?

Danny McPherson danny at qwest.net
Tue May 18 16:09:23 UTC 1999

> Anyone know what is up between Qwest and Sprint?

Hrmm..., at first glance it would appear to be a routing loop.

> Trying to reach mapquest.com results in a loop between these routers when
> it passes through Sprint.  It works through other providers.

That'd lead me to believe that it's likely an issue internal to Sprint's
network, perhaps your query would be best directed to their NOC, versus NANOG.
 I'd guess the greater majority of the NANOG distribution doesn't have access
to Sprint routers, so it's unlikely that they'll be able to correct the
problem.

Directing your query to the Sprint NOC, or even Qwest NOC, is definitely much
more appropriate, assuming your concern is wrt regaining connectivity this
destination..

Let me know if you have any problems contacting these folks..

-danny