whois changes

Dalvenjah FoxFire dalvenjah at DAL.NET
Mon May 17 18:35:22 UTC 1999

On Mon, May 17, 1999 at 01:22:45PM -0400, John Fraizer put this into my mailbox:

> No I don't.  To quote Andrew Dice Clay, "NSI can..." Well, you know.  I
> refuse to be bound by rules and regulations that NSI them selfs arbitrarily
> ignore.  How many others have received both email and snailmail from NSI,
> addressed to a name you use ONLY for domain registrations, offering you
> some commercial service of NSI?

Or, perhaps more hilariously, how many people have gotten "You've been
pre-approved!" credit card offers explaining how their role account
(e.g. "DALnet Hostmaster") has been carefully selected among hundreds of
potential applicants for a credit card?

*Someone's* obviously been mining the whois database and giving it to
direct mailers. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it were NSI.

-dalvenjah

--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen) "We've lost the bleeps, the creeps,
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network       and the sweeps!" "That's not all

 e-mail: dalvenjah at dal.net             WWW: http://www.dal.net/~dalvenjah/
 whois: SN90                           Try DALnet! http://www.dal.net/