Network Solutions is now in the wringer

Stephen Sprunk ssprunk at cisco.com
Sun Mar 28 07:10:06 UTC 1999

I believe Vixie stated (back in November) that all of the root server
operators now manually FTP the files from NSI and load them as local masters
after manual verification
(http://www.cctec.com/maillists/nanog/historical/9811/msg00369.html).  I
don't believe it's been stated publicly whether they keep backup copies, but
I'd be surprised if none of them did.

Paul?  Care to comment?

Stephen

     |          |         Stephen Sprunk, K5SSS, CCIE #3723
    :|:        :|:        NSA, Network Consulting Engineer
   :|||:      :|||:       14875 Landmark Blvd #400; Dallas, TX
.:|||||||:..:|||||||:.    Pager: 800-365-4578 / 800-901-6078
C I S C O S Y S T E M S   Email: ssprunk at cisco.com