Govt is torqued at NetSOL too...

Steven J. Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net
Thu Mar 25 15:34:33 UTC 1999

On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 12:43:47AM -0500, John Fraizer wrote:

> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 00:43:47 -0500
> To: nanog at merit.edu
> From: John Fraizer <John.Fraizer at EnterZone.Net>
> Subject: Govt is torqued at NetSOL too...

> >In regard to the recent postings about internic, it seems the U.S. govt was
> >also taken by surprise.  See:
> >
> >http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9903/24/net.management.ap/

Hm. InterNIC is a trademark owned by the *government* - according to this
story. But going to internic.net lands you at NetSol's website.

IANAL, of course, but that seems to me like a possible case of trademark
infringement. I do know that US intellectual property laws require a
trademark owner to defend their trademark in court or they will lose it.

What a shame it would be if the government hauled NetSol into court.

--
Steve Sobol sjsobol at nacs.net (AKA support at nacs.net and abuse at nacs.net)

    "The world is headed for mutiny/When all we want is unity"
          --Creed, "One"