Network Topology

Hui-Hui Hu hhui at arcfour.com
Wed Mar 24 20:01:34 UTC 1999

 the biggest danger to the internet is not the backhoe but rather
 incompetence.  a stupid upstream provider can screw _you_ up bad.
 (can you say route flap & damp?) finding six competent upstream
 providers would be astronomically improbable. focus your efforts.
 you'll be happier.

 our second biggest problem is the power outage (combine with #1
 and you get providers who don't test their UPSs, &c.)

 rant off.

-h

: 	my biggest concerns would be the following:

: 	1) Fiber Cuts that take out your t1's
: 	2) Power Outages
: 	3) Router Failures