route announcement question (political rather than technical)

Jeff Weisberg jaw at Op.Net
Wed Mar 24 19:51:34 UTC 1999

| > in theory, anyone running BGP ought understand the RADB, understand
| > BGP (and routing in general), and be able to spell their own name.
| >
| Some people prefer not to use RADB so as to make their routing
| infrastructure less dependent on non-controllable (administratively)
| outside entities.  As a matter of corporate politics.

I didn't say they need to use it, only that they ought understand
it, know what it is, and know how to use it. I make no comment on
what to do with, or whether to use that knowledge. and I certainly
wouldn't advocate depending on the RADB for anything.

I merely advocate non-ignorance.

	--jeff