route announcement question (political rather than technical)

Jeremiah Kristal jeremiah at fs.IConNet.NET
Wed Mar 24 17:34:50 UTC 1999

On Wed, 24 Mar 1999, Randy Bush wrote:

> if a customer is multi-homed we will announce a (possibly improper) subset
> of the other tier one provider's space.
>
> if a customer is showing the good judgement of rehoming to us, we will
> announce the (possibly improper) subset of the other tier one provider's
> space for as long as the renumbering grace period of the other provider.
>
> we expect the same of others.

Of course, but do you require any documentation from their other provider
that they are allowed to re-announce those addresses?  The issue isn't
whether we should re-announce, but what documentation we should require
before doing so.

Jeremiah

Jeremiah Kristal
Qwest Internet Solutions