Network Topology

Ravi Pina ravi at cow.org
Wed Mar 24 17:31:51 UTC 1999

On Wed, Mar 24, 1999 at 11:08:39AM -0500, Jared Mauch babbled:

> 	my biggest concerns would be the following:
>
> 	1) Fiber Cuts that take out your t1's
> 	2) Power Outages
> 	3) Router Failures

even simpler than that.  you need to make sure your ds1 is coming from
differnt physical entry points of the facility from different CO's.
one drunk running into the telephone pole outside your place, or a
flood in the utilities under the streets can wipe you out if there
aren't multiple paths.

an absolute fallback would then be a uhf/microwave link to another
facility which now a days can do 10Mb/s for not too much $$.

-r

--
finger ravi at happy.cow.org for pgp key
"Sometimes I think the surest way to know that there's intellegent