more Internic nightmare

Dean Robb pceasy at norfolk.infi.net
Wed Mar 24 03:04:39 UTC 1999

At 17:43 3/23/99 -0500, John Fraizer wrote:
>Well, so much for that argument.  They have changed their policy again.
>The whois now lists more than 10 records again. (Thanks NetSOL... No,
>really.  Thanks. .!..)

NSI is taking flamethrowers to the face on Domain-Policy.  They did, in a
modest attempt to quell the flames, return the records returned back to 50.
 They also killed off telnet access (not enough traffic), killed
ftp.internic.net (not needed), killed ds.internic.net (AT&T hasn't done
anything with it for a couple of years and lost their contract last year),
and (for those that haven't noticed) redirected www.internic.net to
www.networksolutions.com.

Don't bother clueing Herndon.  Clue your Congressperson.  It's time for
some serious investigation by the Big Boys.

"Small minds can only contemplate small ideas".....Unknown

Dean Robb
Owner, PC-EASY
(757) 495-EASY [3279]
On-site computer repair, upgrades and consultations
Read my game reviews/columns in SimOps on WWW.TheGamers.Net