more Internic nightmare

Jeremiah Kristal jeremiah at fs.IConNet.NET
Tue Mar 23 22:38:14 UTC 1999

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999, John Fraizer wrote:

> What?  You mean they're limiting the number of registrations any one
> contact can submit for any one day now?  Are they looking at the submitting
> email or the POC information?  If it's the submitting email, what are
> hosting providers going to do?  We send in 8-10 a day, all from the same
> address.  We handle the InterNIC garbage for our clients since, even before
> they made their sweeping changes, it was a fairly daunting process for the
> uninitiated.

We send in up to 100 a day for multiple clients, and it is daunting.  For
some reason if you go to their webpage now, it says you can only register
10 per day.  If you try to register the 11th from the same IP address, it
rejects you.  I'm sure that it will work through email, so we'll just make
our own web forms so that our clerical people can continue to handle the
registration paperwork.  I'm starting to agree with the people who have
been complaining about Internic and it's making me cranky.

Jeremiah