Whois Internic Toast

Vadim Antonov avg at kotovnik.com
Mon Mar 15 05:25:32 UTC 1999

>> Can I please have a new Domain Provider !!!!

>we will all get what we deserve.

I always had an opinion that backbone ISPs should
form a consortium and take over the domain mess.
They have a pretty good track record of getting
contentious issues resolved in a rational and
workable manner.

Actually, CIX seems to be well-positioned to do
exactly that.   Now, telcos have way too many lawyers
who are loath to work a little too harder to be on
the right side of the Sherman Act, but i suspect their
ISP departments by now feel the pain - how many
customers bother their help desks to get their DNS
issues resolved?

--vadim