InterNIC - We put the "I" in incompetent.

I Am Not An Isp patrick at ianai.net
Sun Mar 14 20:15:26 UTC 1999

At 11:54 AM 3/14/99 -0800, Michael Dillon wrote:

>> >Hmm... same subnet...
>>
>> Michael, you should know better than that.  I do not see a subnet mask on
>> these IP addresses.  There is nothing stopping a Network Operator from
>> making these /32s and putting them on different networks.
>
>Nothing except community consensus that it is a *BAD* thing to pollute the
>global routing table with lots of long prefixes.

I am capable of putting /32s in my network an announcing the aggregate.  We
did this at Priori, Michael.  Justin programmed each loopback as a /32 out
of the same /24, so we had x.x.x.1 on the west coast and x.x.x.2 on the
east coast, but still only announced the /18.

>Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: michael at memra.com

TTFN,
patrick

I Am Not An Isp - www.ianai.net
ISPF, The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>
"Think of it as evolution in action." - Niven & Pournelle