SAT OUTAGE: GE-3 service restored

Sean Donelan SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM
Fri Mar 12 15:50:45 UTC 1999

For those early morning risers wanting to check out how their
network stock options were doing on CCNfn this morning, the GE-3
satellite spun out of control for several hours beginning
at 4am EST.  This affected the Associated Press, PBS, several
Turner networks.  I suppose I should start collecting which
Internet satellite providers are using which satellites for
their feeds.

GE doesn't have any information on their web page yet, but
CNN and the Associated Press have stories.

NetOps: most network operation centers use one or more Turner
networks in their NOCs 24x7 for current information.