Internic

danderson at lycos.com danderson at lycos.com
Sat Mar 6 17:20:06 UTC 1999

I remember the good old days when new registers took about a week and transfers
took almost a month! :)

devin

Dalvenjah FoxFire <dalvenjah at DAL.NET> on 03/05/99 09:44:36 PM

To:   Moe Allen <moe at vidnet.net>
cc:   nanog at merit.edu (bcc: Devin Anderson/Lycos)
Subject:  Re: Internic

On Fri, Mar 05, 1999 at 07:54:48PM -0600, Moe Allen put this into my mailbox:
> I am not so sure they even want your money. I have been waiting 2 days for a
> response on a domain I am trying to register for a customer.

That's nothing. They've been sitting on my request to change a nameserver
IP address for a *month*. The old IP and route are long gone, and
now my clients are having trouble resolving their domains because of it.
I've sent e-mail to action at internic.net twice and markk at internic.net
once. Squat. The ticket still shows 'Open', too.

Next week, I plan to phone them up daily until they do something about
my request. Too bad it's not a 1-800 number.

-Sven

--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen)  When news breaks...we fix it.
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network

 e-mail: dalvenjah at dal.net             WWW: http://www.dal.net/~dalvenjah/
 whois: SN90                           Try DALnet! http://www.dal.net/