CyberNotes: Network Infrastructure Protection Publication

Sean Donelan SEAN at SDG.DRA.COM
Fri Mar 5 23:56:17 UTC 1999

After making fun of the FBI for mostly keeping us up to date on
important dates in history, did you know April 19 is the anniversary
of battle of Cambridge between American Minutemen the British in 1775?
Is there any date between 1775-1783 that some battle didn't take place
somewhere?  I thought I would compliment the FBI on their new publication.

CyberNotes is a bi-weekly publication of the National Infrastructure
Protection Center reporting on (I won't use the word hacker) exploit
scripts, viruses, and other cyber vulnerabilities.  For those network
security folks who keep close track of these things, there may not be
much new information.  The FBI isn't going to tell you anything you
couldn't find yourself on the public Internet.  But for the rest of us,
it is a nice summary of what's new.  Knowing the difficulty the FBI has
had in releasing any information over the last few years, this is truely
a heroic effort by somebody at the NIPC.  Good Start.

http://www.nipc.gov/ under publications.