Is there anyone at Netcom with a clue

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Mar 2 00:11:01 UTC 1999

> From: Phil Howard <phil at whistler.intur.net>
> Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 17:58:59 -0600 (CST)
> Sender: owner-nanog at merit.edu
>
> > If there's anyone at Netcom who can read English, I'd appreciate a
> > hand.  The operational item is that ongoing abuse is being ignored,
> > and shunted into form-letters that look stupid.
>
> Netcom was my first ISP.  They were also the first I canceled.
> And I had to do it via my credit card company because there was
> no one there that would speak ... any language.

Mindspring recently bought Netcom's customer base from Netcom and
said that they will continue to operate it as "Netcom" and that their
top priority was to improve Netcom's customer service.

See http://www.netcom.com/ for the details.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)