Route-Reflector Redundancy

Brandon Applegate brandon at one.net
Tue Jun 29 14:06:18 UTC 1999

Greetings all,

In a redundant RR design, I have several questions that don't seem to be
clearly covered in RFC1966.

1)	Does a given route-reflector have to peer with the other
	route-reflectors in its own cluster ??

2)	If yes to 1), do the RRs in the cluster peer with each other as
	clients or non-clients ??

3)	If no to all of the above, do you just put X numbers of route
	reflectors into the AS and each client etc. in the cluster now
	peers with X # of RR's ?

Above and beyond all of the above (actually depending on all of the above
:) ), if my client router hears something from RR1, will it also hear it
from RR2 ??  Is there a race condition ?

Thanks in advance.

Brandon Applegate, CCNA  :  Network Administrator
http://www.one.net       :  brandon at one.net