Cisco TAC KRAP !!

Alex P. Rudnev alex at Relcom.EU.net
Fri Jun 25 18:36:19 UTC 1999

> Did you send back the survey with appropriate comments filled out?  Did you
> attempt to contact someone about the support level you received?  Have you
> made any attempt at all to help Cisco solve the problem?
Yes, we are doing it every time. Note, we don't blame CISCO at all - I
undertsnd the big company can't keep direct contacts betwee high-skilled
technicians and the customers except some very important ones.

We have a goot feedback by the technical seminars and local support
people from the AMT Group (the better cisco reseller in the Russia), and
sometimes with the CISCO Russia people.

And then, there is different interests. If I understand the situation
right, CISCO is injecting a huge intellectial and financial capital into
the VoIP, ATM, WDM technology etc etc and is trying to get a goot rate
amongs the big international TELCO's. No doubt, the traditional issues
such as _IP CORE BACKBONE_, _DIALUP ACCESS_, etc etc are shifting to the
second level. No one can blame the vendor for this approach.

Through we had some success in technical contacts last months, but I
recommend everybody don't hope to the technical support. It he
(everybody) is not 100,000 employee telco.

On the other hand, just CCO web service fill in this gup between _low
skilled_ human support and _high skilled technicians_. I think it should
be better if CISCO support some kind of WWW conferences, some kind of
excanging _know_how_ between their customers, but I undersnand it's not
so easy to develop such support. If we make some complains here, or if I
(sometimes) refer to the CISCO as an example when something work wrong,
it don't mean we are dissatisfyed - in comparation with the others CISCO
have an excellent support.

Through I think we are talking about one vendor too much here, and get
quiet.

Alex.

> Cisco is very concerned about the level of support our customers get; any
> duly reported problems are looked into and we attempt to resolve everything
> we can.
>
> However, calling people clowns and sissies on a public mailing list is
> unlikely to solve your problem, regardless of what company your problem is
> with.  Grow up.
>
> And FYI, Cisco has over 7 million web pages internally just for Cisco
> employees; just because your engineer may not be personally acquainted with
> your exact question (I dare you to find *any* human who can be up on every
> single detail of our products) doesn't mean he's wandering around on CCO.
>
> Stephen
>
>      |          |         Stephen Sprunk, K5SSS, CCIE #3723
>     :|:        :|:        NSA, Network Consulting Engineer
>    :|||:      :|||:       14875 Landmark Blvd #400; Dallas, TX
> .:|||||||:..:|||||||:.    Pager: 800-365-4578 / 800-901-6078
> C I S C O S Y S T E M S   Email: ssprunk at cisco.com

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 230-41-41, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)