DS-3 Error Stats

Mike Trest mike at trest.com
Tue Jun 15 14:35:17 UTC 1999

Scott,

I have been running ATM over SONET for OC3 and DS3s since 1995 with over a
dozen different providers.  The errors are either zero or complete outage.

I do not recall a circuit with any long-term period of intermittent errors
once the installation mis-configuration issues were resolved.

..mike..

At 02:24 AM 6/14/99 +0000, scott w wrote:

>Maybe I should add that I'm looking at ATM WAN switches and
>several-thousand-mile hauls.  Are ATM WAN switches more sensitive?  Can
>telcos clean up the noise on such a long haul as opposed to
>several-hundred-mile hauls.  My counters on the routers for the 'short'
>haul lines are indeed zero.
>
>scott
>

>On Sun, 13 Jun 1999, scott w wrote:
>

> | Can any of you guys offer up any stats on the type and numbers of errors
> | you see on cross country and international DS-3s and/or E3s? I trying to
> | figure out "acceptable" limits before putting on my camo gear and going
> | after telcos...  ;)  (my favorite non-spectator sport)
> |
> | scott

Charlotte, NC:      +1 704 602 3030	Fax: +1 704 541 6911
San Diego, CA:   +1 619 689 1429	Fax: +1 619 689 1248
Roanoke, VA:      +1 540 265 2555 x169 Business Hours
Roanoke, VA:      +1 540 725 1445	Home