HP Openview Slowness.

Alex P. Rudnev alex at Relcom.EU.net
Fri Jun 11 08:32:09 UTC 1999

Yes. And we have used it as a core daemon for WWW/based monitoring.
With some changes (concerning ATM, Frame Relay, subinterfaces, BGP,
different types of memory, switches).

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, Vadim Antonov wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 13:11:12 -0700
> From: Vadim Antonov <avg at kotovnik.com>
> To: alex at Relcom.EU.net, bryanv at savvis.net
> Cc: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: Re: HP Openview Slowness.
>
> Alex Rudnev wrote:
>
> >I do not know how it's about Sprintlink now; it was published there
> >(ftp.sprintlink.net) about 3 - 56 years ago. You can ask Vadim
> >directly.
>
> The original version (1993 vintage) is posted at http://www.civd.com/~avg .
> It has man pages in English, and was used (maybe still is used) to monitor
> SprintLink backbone and some 500 frame-delay private networks on a single
> SparkStation 2.  So i guess it's pretty much adequate for many mid-size ISPs
> today.
>
> It has real-time alerts and postscript report generator, it does _not_
> have any fancy eye candy.  In other words, this is a piece of software
> designed for real operational support as opposed to boss pacifiers
> commonly sold as network management platforms.  And yes, it is simple and
> easily integrated with automated configuration management systems.
>
> --vadim

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 230-41-41, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)