HP Openview Slowness.

Alex P. Rudnev alex at Relcom.EU.net
Thu Jun 10 12:58:31 UTC 1999

This is _freeware_ snmpstatd written originally by Vadim Antonov
(avg at kotovnik.com), and published (with the Sprint's permission) on the
Sprint ftp server.

I'v modified it, add WWW interface, operator's log, different WWW
reports and graphs, data base describing the channels and routers.

It monitor - routers, links, BGP connections (and there is additional
tool monitored cisco access servers with the modem pools and compatible
with the first one interface); play music in case of important event (by
MIDI), allow operator to open object, read the card describing it, send
e-mail to the owner, investigate the problem and change the status
(something like _ERROR -> ERROR at TELCO, investigations are keep on).

The main disadvantage is that I can't draw map's (and have not good idea
how to do it, yet, through there is some drafts about it). But it works
fine and allow us to generate configuration from the data base (if we add
new link to the data base, it's added to the monitor authomatically), etc
etc.

The other disadvantage is that all menu was written on RUSSION (it can be
changed, through). And the documentation is not in the xecellent form yet.

This tool is used by KIAE TECHNICAL center to monitor:

 RELCOM IP network
 RELARN IP network
 RELARN ATM SWITCH network (with some part of mgrt)
 RBNET IP network
 Internal KIAE switched network;
 RELCOM switches;

and by a few of other ISP here in Russia.

On Thu, 10 Jun 1999, David M. Archer wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 08:48:56 -0400
> From: David M. Archer <dmarcher at pobox.com>
> To: "Alex P. Rudnev" <alex at Relcom.EU.net>
> Subject: Re: HP Openview Slowness.
>

> > Btw, see http://noc.bn.ru/~alex/MON/ for an example of 'snmpstatd' output.
> >

> Where does this snmpstatd come from?
>
> Dave

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 230-41-41, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)