HP Openview Slowness.

Alex P. Rudnev alex at Relcom.EU.net
Wed Jun 9 19:25:48 UTC 1999

If you begin to use commercial soft after free one, then:
- don't drop free soft, ypu'll use it anyway;
- increase memory, CPU and disk up to 2 - 4 times (if you had 64RAM,
install 512);
- be ready to be disappointed;

Through HP OV is not bad piece of software.

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999, Scott Call wrote:

> Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 12:08:52 -0700
> From: Scott Call <scall at devolution.com>
> To: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: HP Openview Slowness.
>

> Hello.
>
>     As part of a network I'm working on, I've install HPOpenView NNM
> (first time, I've only used free/cheap stuff in the past) on a Sun
> Ultra5, and it's performance is less than stellar.  It takes between 30
> seconds and 5 minutes to traverse from one map to another (either up or
> down).  This occurs no matter how many (or few) objects are on each
> submap.
>
> My two questions are:
>
> 1> Is this normal (or did I do something wrong with the software setup)
> 2> If you are running NNM, what platform are you using, and do you find
> it satisfactory in responsiveness/etc.
>
> Thanks!
> -Scott

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 230-41-41, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)